Before submitting, please review our Submission Policies and Guidelines to make sure your deposit is in compliance with the terms of Chapman University Digital Commons.
Digital Commons supports most discrete file formats for text, audio, video, image, and data files. For textual works, PDFs are encouraged. The Leatherby Libraries can provide assistance if a PDF of the work is not available or the work is in print format only.
We can also assist with checking copyrights of your published scholarship. Please contact the Coordinator of Scholarly Communications for assistance.
- Have you transferred your rights to a publisher or other party?
(e.g. most published works)
- Depending on the copyright holder’s policy, we may be able to include your work. Send your CV reflecting those works you wish to be included (if permissible) to the Coordinator of Scholarly Communications. If there are works on your CV that you do not wish to be included, please indicate that clearly.
- Do you own the copyright to the work?
(e.g. unpublished works, published works where you have retained copyright)
- Faculty and staff: Please contact the Coordinator of Scholarly Communications. In some cases, we may ask you to fill out an Owned Copyright form.
- Undergraduate students: For many collections, you can submit your work directly via the "Submit Research" link in the left sidebar of the collection in which you wish to include your work (e.g. Student Scholar Symposium posters, etc.). If there is no link to submit your work there, please use the Submission Form for Student Work and email it, along with your work, to the Coordinator of Scholarly Communications.
- Graduate students: Please submit your work directly via the "Submit Research" link in the left sidebar of the collection in which you want to include your work (e.g. the dissertation or thesis collection for your program).
Journals and Conferences
Journals and conferences may have their own submission procedures. Please refer to their specific pages to determine their submission methods and instructions.
Please contact the Coordinator of Scholarly Communications, Kristin Laughtin-Dunker, at email@example.com with any questions about how to submit your work.