City of Orange (California); Chapman University--Wilkinson Hall
Students on the shady quad outside of Wilkinson Hall, Chapman College, Orange, California. J.E. Wilkinson was a former trustee, chairman of the board, and acting president. This building was the first on the campus of Orange Union High Schooi, designed by local architect, C.B. Bradshaw and constructed in 1905 by R. J. Noble. In 1921 it was moved 250 feet and turned 90 degrees to its current location. Acquired in 1954 by Chapman College. it houses the Provost’s office, Academic Affairs, English & Comparative Literature, Graduate Studies, and the departments of Religion and Philosophy. It is listed in the National Registry for Historical Buildings.
BW photograph; 7.75" x 9.75"
Chapman University, Chapman College, buildings, campus